From: Kevin Timmins
Sent: Nov 5, 2012 8:19 AM
To: FrameWorks
Subject: [Frameworks] D-19 testing

Hi all,

I've pretty much got the conventional D-19 process down now (as taken from the darkroom cookbook). Now I feel it's time to experiment a little. I want to shoot one roll of 16mm film with the same subject matter/ lighting/ cam settings etc.. and then take sections of that film (5ft or so at a time) and develop them individually using different D-19 combinations.

The problem is I want to develop with very small quantities of D-19. So I want to develop in standard photographic 35mm paterson tanks and not my massive lomos (which requires lots of chemistry). As far as I know there are no small developing tanks to develop 16mm tests. Is there? Does anyone have any information on how or where I could get my hands on such tester tanks to develop very short lengths of film well? Or if possible, how to modify a photographic 35mm developing tank to do some tests in.

All the best
Kevin