From: Jen Proctor
Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2013 11:01 PM
To: Experimental Film Discussion List
Subject: [Frameworks] Articles/essays on the "loop" in film

Hi everyone,

Can anyone point me to any good writing on the notion of the "loop" in cinema
(that is, the repetition of a strip of film over and over)? Of course, one of
the ways cinema got its start was in showcasing simple looped images, but I'm
particularly interested in its role in avant-garde film, expanded cinema, video
art, etc. Articles about repetition as a technique would be of interest too,
though those are a bit easier to come by.

Thanks!
Jen