Hi there
there's been a show in the Kunstmuseum Lucerne (Switzerland) in 2008 with
video-art from the 70ies and 80ies (Swiss Video) curated by a group of art
historians and restaurators. the catalogue has texts also on the difficulties
of presenting such work after 20-30 years. there is an english version of this
with the ISBN 978-3-03764-053-1.
it's been published through jrp ringier and distributed also in the US.

Schubiger, Irene: Schweizer Videokunst der 1970er und 1980er Jahre. Eine
Rekonstruktion.
English:
Reconstructing Swiss Video Art from the 1970s & 1980s

see e.g.: http://www.artbook.com/9783037640548.html

cheers!
Fred