On Sep 1, 2013, at 1:25 PM, Jeff Kreines <j...@kinetta.com> wrote:

The Kinetta in Paris is getting the new perf sensor upgrade later this month.
They have the first of the current version of Kinetta.

The Kinetta uses optical perf sensing, and if the splice isn't punched out
perfectly it will jump.  A claw might not jump at the same splice, but it can
eat perfs after a bad splice, which a Kinetta can't do.

A Kinetta can scan film with no usable perforations, shrunken film, and more.

We always overscan, because some splices will jump -- it takes about 15 seconds
to reposition a frame to deal with a bad splice in Resolve (which is free).
Unlike most devices, the Kinetta can overscan so you don't lose any image when
there is a frame jump.

Projectors can damage film.  DuAll's system can't handily contrasty or
underexposed film (they say so on their website).

We'd be glad to rescan the film scanned in France at no charge.

Jeff Kreines
Kinetta
j...@kinetta.com
kinetta.com