Hi Aaron,

I would look at Patrick Keiller's "Robinson" films. Each film, *London *(1994),
*Robinson in Space *(1997) and *Robinson in Ruins, *makes specific
reference to Turner and are clearly interested in engaging  with Turner's
legacy in the representation of British landscapes. In *Robinson in
Space, *there
is even a visit to the Maidenhead Bridge, which the locale featured in
Turner's *Rain, Steam and Speed* (1844). Maybe none of this is news to you,
given Keiller's history of collaboration with Tate?

Also, I know that in one of the interviews with Brakhage included in his
Criterion anthologies, Brakhage cite's Turner as an influence. I can't
remember in what context, but I have a feeling it relates to Turner's
fascination with light and atmospheric phenomena. Sorry not to be more
specific; I don't have the interview at hand.

Best,

Heath

--
Heath Iverson