In Vancouver, the Pacific Cinematheque has excellent programming that
includes classics, new alternative releases, and experimental work. They do
an educational outreach program for youth. PC shares a building with
Cineworks, a local film co-op.

The Winnipeg Film Group is also a great organization that operates as both
a member-based production organization and as a screening space (the
Winnipeg Cinematheque). I'm not too up on their youth programming, but I
know they run a spring break film workshop for teens.

Aaand while we're talking about the most excellent Basement Films, it is
also worth mentioning the Guild Cinema in Albuquerque (where some of
Basement's festival Experiments in Cinema is held). Their programming is
fabulously diverse, and, if I recall correctly, I was able to sneak into my
first burlesque show ever there at age 14. If you ever wanted to interest
young people in film, that's one way to do it.

Cheers,

RW

On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 3:29 PM, Huckleberry Lain <huckleberryl...@gmail.com