I have flown between the United States and Canada with photo chemistry
without too much trouble.
I have brought 3-bath E6 kits on the plane as well as raw chemicals to mix
my own B&W reversal chemistry.
In each case I printed out the chemical recipes, processing instructions,
and MSDS for each chemical and packed these in the luggage with the
chemicals.
Twice I have had my baggage opened and searched, and both times the
chemistry made it through.
I phoned everyone I could - the airlines, boarder services, federal
transportation agencies - and no one could give me a clear answer about the
legality of flying with the chemicals.
On the other hand, it is true that it would be awful for the stuff to
spill, and you can readily order it from Freestyle Photo (Tetenal or Arista
kits) or Photographers Formulary (raw chemicals used in photographic
processing) in the USA.
Good luck!
Erin