Just a note to follow up on Elizabeth's great post. The Cecile Starr
Memorial Tribute in NY is October 1, separate announcement to follow. Also,
sorry to report Cecile's widow Aram Boyajian had been quite ill, and passed
recently this month.

"Spook Sport" is a film by Mary Ellen Bute, in which she hired Norman
McLaren to do the animation.  It is not a film by Norman McLaren, despite
the NFBC's attempt to 'reclaim' this film as McLaren's. Papers in Cecile
Starr's Bute collection clearly prove this is a film by director Mary Ellen
Bute

best regards,
Cindy Keefer
Center for Visual Music