On Feb 23, 2016, at 4:28 AM, Mark Webber
<m...@markwebber.org.uk<mailto:m...@markwebber.org.uk>> wrote:

The Visible Press is about to publish a collection of writings by Peter Gidal
titled “Flare Out: Aesthetics 1966–2016”, which I have also edited. Please see
below for further information. The book does include Gidal’s letter to
Artforum, alongside many other texts from the past 50 years. The full table of
contents - and the possibility to order online (since we don’t have
distribution) - are at http://www.thevisiblepress.com/flare-out/

This is good news!  Back in the day when people actually wrote letters on
paper, made carbon copies,  and sent them to other physical places and beings,
a lot of intersting discussion was going on.

Gidal, with his authoritative/authoritarian “rules” on politically correct
images was probably the most famous mansplainer of his era.  Michelson was
definitely the perfect adversary,  Well matched.

Chuck Kleinhans