A most astonishing empty-street film is James Nares' "Pendulum," filmed
near the corner of Staple and Jay Streets in NYC, 1976. The occasional
person or car is glimsped on the street as the titular pendulum swings to
and fro, but for the most part the surprising emptiness of the Manhattan
streets is crucial to the film's magical atmosphere.

A pixleated excerpt, minus the section where the camera is attached to the
pendulum, is here:
http://www.nytimes.com/video/t-magazine/100000001274396/pendulum.html

Andy Ditzler

Andy Ditzler