Warren,
Thanks so much for taking the time to do this. I appreciate it. Yesterday I
bought the PBS documentary that Bryan Konefsky said the clip was from, but
maybe Amy’s context makes it stronger. We’ll see.

Naturally, I agree with your assessment of the situation. But since words tell
us what we think, I suggest a slight modification of terminology: the system
isn’t “broken,” it’s performing exactly as it’s structured to perform
(“structural racism”). You fix something that’s broken (that’s called reform);
you overthrow something that’s structurally incapable of transformation (that’s
called revolution). To say “broken” is collaboration in our oppression.

I was co-editor of the underground newspaper, the Los Angeles Free Press, when
Hampton was assassinated. We published numerous articles about COINTELPRO
(Counter Intelligence Program). Ever since the Snowden revelations and the
NSA’s panoptic response, I’ve argued repeatedly that the NSA (aka, the predator
state), has no choice: the digital condition means that, in the interest of
social control, everyone is legitimately suspect. It’s COINTELPRO forever.
That’s why I want the “I am a revolutionary” clip.