I believe Laure Sainte-Rose did some work in this vein.  If I remember right, I
think she approached it in a manner similar to DTS for 35mm or 70mm, with an
optical track containing a timecode signal connected to an external digital
playback source of some kind.  Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong, or
provide more info- it was a really intriguing process.

Mark Toscano