Orson Welles, F for Fake

The surprise ending of Robert Nelson's Bleu Shut might be applicable, as
might Nelson's "director's commentary" (delivered in character) during
Plastic Haircut.

Possibly also Jean Rouch's Jaguar, for which the subjects of the film
(Damouré Zika et al) added an improvised commentary long after filming. I
wouldn't use the term "lying" for this one - more a playful ambiguity about
how much they're pulling the viewers' legs.

See also Buñuel's Land Without Bread.

And Shirley Clarke's Portrait of Jason.

Andy Ditzler
Founder and curator, Film Love: www.filmlove.org