Tony talked about doing a performance of “film projection” at Antioch.  He
also said that his pickled films and cooked films were a response to being
criticized by other makers at Antioch.  Primarily for making work that
wasn’t directly engaging with social justice issues.  That film was
expensive and to make work that didn’t directly address isssues like
poverty was irresponsible.

So.  In t0ny’s positively spiteful way he said “fine I’ll just use scraps
of film and pickle them! That costs almost nothing!”

It’s not a surprise that there isn’t a clear record as Antioch went through
a lot of changes since then.

This incidence along with the video activism/public access work, I think,
shows a significant shift of tony’s work pre/during/post Antioch.  This is
glaringly absent from most of the scholarship about Tony’s work.

-d.olivier