Dear fellow frameworkers,

I am heartbroken for Saul Levine. Nobody, least an open hearted and minded,
generous professor like Saul should ever be treated and hurt this way.

I find the battering of an accomplished artist and senior professor months
before his retirement after a successful teaching career of four decades
extremely disturbing. Saul Levine is being injured as an artist, as a teacher
and as a person. The core of any art school are the artists, is it not? It is
unacceptable that this core is being attacked by parasites who feed of the
artists genius, and harm him in the process. (the students chose MassArt, they
chose Saul Levine as their professor, they had the rare opportunity to study
directly with an exceptional artist, an artist who sacrifices a part of himself
to teach new generations of artists). This concerns all of us. Saul says "there
is a need to fight back". That's exactly what needs to be done.  MassArt should
not get away with treating its professors in this fashion. Nor should any other
institution. This problem is not a MassArt problem alone, its a problem of "a
bad moment" = a bad cultural moment, and a problem of problematic
  Title IX policy interpretations.

How can we protect, support and  help heal???

Jana

Sent from +1 (415) 202 31 93

>>> https://vimeo.com/89886468
>>> http://www.finleymuse.com