>From the Recipe Zaar website...

~~~~~

K I S S Smoked Chicken
4ΒΌ hours 10 min prep
10 servings

10 lbs chicken legs with thigh
seasoning salt (to taste)
garlic powder (to taste)
black pepper (to taste)
soaked wood chips or wood chunks, to create smoke
water

Not the one? See other K I S S Smoked Chicken Recipes
Smoker Main Dish
Southern U.S. Main Dish
Very Low Carbs Main Dish
Chicken Thighs/Legs Main Dish
Independence Day Main Dish
At least an hour prior to starting your charcoal fire, soak your wood
chips/chunks in water. Use any type of wood you would like, hickory, mesquite,
apple, peach, pecan, etc --
Once you have established a bed of hot coals, set your water bowl in place and
carefully fill it with water (carefully because you don't want your water to
splash up over the side of the bowl and put out your fire underneath).
Leave the skin on the chicken. The combination of the steam from underneath the
meat and the fat trapped between the skin and meat will make your meat VERY
tender.
Set grates in place and place meat on grates. If you are using a smoker similar
to the one I described above, set, load and season one grate at a time.
Sprinkle the meat with all three seasonings, according to your tastes. *One
word of caution* If you like salt, as I do, too much salt will make your skin
impossible to cut and chew.
Set the lid on your smoker. There should be no need to remove it until your are
ready to serve your chicken.
Once your meat in set on the grates and the lid is on your smoker, add a
handful of soaked wood chips or a couple of wood chunks to your bed of coals.
Check your smoker periodically, making sure that there is smoke coming out.
When there is no smoke, stir your coals and add some more of your soaked wood.
Repeat this as often as needed. This is the one time it is good to smoke like a
chimney.

--
Rhonda G in Missouri
Owner of Awesome Swaps and More