"Lev Lafayette" <l...@levlafayette.com> writes:

> Is the Melbourne Free Software Group interesting in taking up the role of
> organising Software Freedom Day this year?
>
> LUV has done it a few years in succession now, but it's really something
> that should be in the domain of Melbourne FS.

Thanks for mentioning this Lev!

As someone who's enjoyed event over the past few years, I'd really like
to thank Lev, the current committee and the previous committees of LUV
for their leadership and hard work organising recent Software Freedom
Days.

Many of us have played a role in organising, but without people like Lev
stepping up to organise a venue, talks, food and publicity, Software
Freedom Day simply wouldn't happen. Big thankyou!

I'd love for Free Software Melbourne to take on a larger role in
organising the event this year. We'll certainly discuss this amongst the
group and be working closely with LUV committee.

Regards,
Ben