Cool, ok I'll make a note of the talk and get some ideas together,
hopefully can do a live demo of some of the things I've been working on
with Beyond Zero Emissions.

Also:- I went to the official launch of the Victorian chapter of the Open
Knowledge Foundation on Monday (http://au.okfn.org/) and they seem like a
nice bunch who may well support SFD in some way. Email is
okfn.melbo...@gmail.com . Perhaps worth at least inviting them with a view
to future SFDs.

In fact Steve Bennett, one of the members of the OKF Melb working group, is
a real whizz on OpenStreetMap (eg he has been improving Melbourne's cycling
networks in OSM) and I imagine could give a good talk on this. I could
invite him on the SFD working group's behalf? (I know OSM is not exactly
Free Software but does seem to extend FOSS principles to map data and
interacts well with a lot of FOSS geo software).

cheers, Pat S.