On Fri, 2014-05-30 at 16:42 +1000, Ben M wrote:

> It's not quite the TPP/FTA scale, but it's the internet, it's piracy,
> it's the vibe.
> Surprised to see Choice getting involved.

A possible explanation:
http://torrentfreak.com/aussie-attorney-general-pressured-on-three-strikes-secrecy-140529/

        Ludlam then asked if consumer groups were being involved in the
        process, as is the case in the United States “strikes” system.
        “Have you spoken to any consumer groups, such as Choice or
        ACANN, who would probably contest your view that a graduated
        response or three-strikes or any of those kinds of
        propositions…..”
        A clearly irritated Brandis interrupted, but Ludlam wasn’t
        giving an inch, continuing: