On 18/12/14 12:56, Fraser Tweedale wrote:
I'm was thinking more along lines of being about to bypass app
stores or official software channels and run on your device whatever
software you wish.  My understanding is that it's difficult on iOS.
It is indeed unnecessarily difficult to work toward improving your own education with these closed proprietary systems (such as iOS) and it significantly disadvantages those children who are discontent with achieving second-to-last.

There exist tools and techniques to work around these "mandates" and I implore others to work toward providing those and importantly, making them more accessible.