On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 10:48:03AM +1100, Noah O'Donoghue wrote:
> On 19 December 2014 at 10:44, Andrew Pam <xa...@sericyb.com.au> wrote:
> >
> > Or install Cyanogenmod.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >         Andrew
> >

> I had to do that for a friend on his HTC.. It involved downgrading the
> firmware to one that was vulnerable to a boot rom exploit, exploiting the
> boot rom, patching recovery, flashing a new rom, migrating all the data
> back.
>
> Easy for some...

Let's work on making it easy for everyone.  If we succeed, companies
will compete on making quality computers that are loyal[1] to their
users, instead of competing on who can exploit their users the most.

[1] "What Does it Mean for Your Computer to Be Loyal?" - RMS
    http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/loyal-computers.html

In the meantime, keep helping your friends as often as they need
help to be free :)

Fraser