On 19 December 2014 at 10:59, Tony Morris <tmor...@tmorris.net> wrote:

> Has it been established, with regard to the goals, that it is reasonable to
> talk about "iOS versus Android"?
>
> For example, my children use archlinux at a school that requires "mandatory
> Apple or Windows [because we give you the choice!]"

Tony I think BYOD (bring your own device) is a great idea and shouldn't be
locked down to a particular device in schools. I personally used Mandrake
Linux on my laptop at school when the policy was windows only, (and got
away with it)

I think the goals being discussed were more school mandated and
administrated devices, and which device is best value for a school, which
is where most of my experience and input comes from, but I can't see any
harm discussing other goals as well.

On 19 December 2014 at 11:01, Andrew Roffey <and...@roffey.org> wrote:

> I don't think Android is a good example of a free OS any more anyway. In
> comparison to iOS, Android is "more free" but it still used by Google to
> mistreat its users.

Well said, heartily agree.