On 4/07/2016 6:40 PM, Olivier Mehani wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 04, 2016 at 06:17:58PM +1000, Andrew McGlashan wrote:
>> The Google
>> account is simply a means to get the apps I want from the Play store and
>> not much else.
>
> You can also flash your phone with a stock CyanogenMod ROM, with neither
> Google Apps nor Cyanogen (?) Apps, and be Free(tm). Add F-Droid, and all
> needs are pretty much catered for, with no account anywhere.

Yes, which phone did you mean the OnePlus One or the Nexus 6P -- I don't
think the ZTE will be wroth mucking around with.  Both the better phones
are probably good candidates if I could find the time to do it.

I've got an S3 running a CM version that was supposed to be getting
updates monthly; that stopped almost immediately -- people seem to move
on too quickly.  Would have liked that phone to get a bit more life.
It's still good, nice screen and in very good condition, so it is not a
junker by any means, but probably best suited to offline use or WiFi
without any SIM.

Cheers
A.