On 5/07/2016 1:27 AM, Russell Coker wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Jul 2016 12:04:56 AM Andrew McGlashan wrote:
>> I've got an S3 running a CM version that was supposed to be getting
>> updates monthly; that stopped almost immediately -- people seem to move
>> on too quickly.  Would have liked that phone to get a bit more life.
>
> The problem is not people moving on quickly but hardware designers moving on.

Yes it is the people.... those developers/testers with the S3 have
probably upgraded to newer phones and so most have abandoned the S3 in
terms of getting CM working fully and properly with everything.  I see
that you've moved on to the Nexus 6P too.

> Pentium class PCs ran MS-DOS well, it's quite likely that modern AMD64 PCs
> can
> run MS-DOS too although I've never tested it.  Modern AMD64 systems run i386
> builds of Linux.

Yes, but the way PCs are going, they'll be Wintel boxen or nothing; it's
going to be continuous hard work to make sure that machines purchased
can run Linus or any other OS different to Windows.   The manufactures
seem intent on forcing us down that road, perhaps with huge incentives
from M$.

:(