[Again, sorry for not responding sooner]

> Twice now, I have gone into change the theme, and upon hitting OK, the
> theme partially appears and then the machine [appears to] hang
> completely. I can telnet into the box, and X doesn't seem to be
> running, nor do any of the apps I had running under X.
>
> However, back at the box, all keyboard and mouse input is completely
> ignored. I end up having to 'reboot' from the telnet connection.

FYI: You don't need to reboot -- if Ctrl-Alt-Backspace doesn't kill the X,
then simply su to root and kill the X process. That should get you back to a
login.

> This is bad. I am not sure what I can do to help track this down

What version of GTK and Glib are you running? How about glibc? I would first
upgrade GTK and Glib to 1.2.6 and take it from there.

> (suggestions are welcome), but if it continues I will have to stop
> testing, I can't afford to have my machine go down like that (various
> servers running on it).

Is this still happening with the 2.0 release? I know that Elrod cleaned up a
crash in the options dialog, and I hope that fixed it.

--ruaok         Freezerburn! All else is only icing. -- Soul Coughing

Robert Kaye -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://moon.eorbit.net/~robert