I had heard remours that, starting with version 2.1, freeamp was planning on
using id3lib for its tagging needs.  If this is not the case, please let me
know.  If this is the case, I'd like to briefly take this opportunity to
announce the first official release of id3lib since version 3.05a (Nov 1998!).
You can download the unix/linux and windows source from the following two URLs,
respectively (they're more or less identical except for how they're packaged
and the inclusion of an extra configuration file in the windows version):

http://download.sourceforge.net/id3lib/id3lib-3.7.0.tar.gz
http://download.sourceforge.net/id3lib/id3lib-3.7.0.zip

For more information, please see the release notes at the following URL:

http://sourceforge.net/project/filenotes.php?group_id=979&form_filemodule_id=974&form_release_version=3.7.0

Also, we've made major updates to the id3lib homepage.  Please check it out.
Comments and suggestions are requested.

http://id3lib.sourceforge.net

You'll notice that I've listed freeamp as a project that will be using id3lib
in the future.  Again, if this is not (or no longer) the case, please let me
know and I will remove this information ASAP.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Thanks,

-Scott