> I had heard remours that, starting with version 2.1, freeamp was planning
on
> using id3lib for its tagging needs.  If this is not the case, please let
me
> know.  If this is the case, I'd like to briefly take this opportunity to
> [snip]
> You'll notice that I've listed freeamp as a project that will be using
id3lib
> in the future.  Again, if this is not (or no longer) the case, please let
me
> know and I will remove this information ASAP.

After today it will not be a rumor anylonger -- my task for today is to
integrate your lib into our codebase. So today, perhaps tomorrow the freeamp
CVS will support ID3v2...

Thanks for taking this on -- you're saving me a lot of grief!

--ruaok                   Hindsight is always 50/50.

Robert Kaye -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://www.emusic.com