On 22 Aug, Mark Lehrer wrote:

   > Hello!  I just got rid of xmms forever and I'm quite enjoying freeamp.
   > Finally, fonts I can actually read.
   >
   > The only feature I like in xmms is the title streaming.  Is there
   > active work on this?  If not, I can try to hack it in.  It doesn't
   > look like a difficult job to read in the id3v2 tags.

   FreeAmp 2.0.8 supports shoutcast style title streaming, and I just
   applied a patch to fix the icecast title steaming. If you check the code
   out of CVS the titlestreaming should work ok.

   Let me know if you run into any problems.

No luck, unfortunately!  (*mms works fine).

Note: the titles come across as id3v2 tags at the beginning of each
mp3 file... perhaps this is a different way of doing it?

Can you give me a super brief description of how it locates the title,
and which cpp files to investigate?  Is the tstream thread used for
this, or is it in HttpInput?

Thanks,
Mark