On Sun, Sep 24, 2000 at 06:31:05PM -0400, Chris Kuklewicz wrote:
> First:
>
> I have written/compiled charstore.h and charstore.cpp which implement
> the API for storage of reference counted char* string.  The overall
> idea is to reduce storage size even though operations may take longer.

I have not tried compiling everything yet.

I have finished retrofitting metadata.h using an expanded API like:

    Error SetTitle(const char* title){
        set(m_title,title);
        return kError_NoErr; }
    Error GetTitle(char* buf, uint32* len) const { return SetBuffer(buf, m_title,
len); }
    const char* PeekTitle() const { return m_title; }
    const string Title() const { return m_title; }
    size_t Title_length() const { return (m_title?strlen(m_title):0); }

The const string& return value is now just const string.  Beware of the fact this
is now a temporary.

The previous use of Title().size() or Title().length() is now simply
Title_length()

The very common previous Title().c_str() is now PeekTitle()

Alot of search/replace has replaces all uses of c_str() and size() or
length() with the new functions for Artist,Album,etc...
Yes, that took a while.

Now to correct a large number of compile errors....

--
Chris Kuklewicz

The party adjourned to a hot tub, yes.  Fully clothed, I might add.
                -- IBM employee, testifying in California State Supreme Court