On  6 Dec, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

<snip>

> I did tweak with it some time ago, but once I got done with it I had no
> more issues. Are you using the latest and greatest version of ESD? Just
> before I started tweaking it I upgraded to the latest and greatest. If
> you are using the latest and greatest ESD version and you're still
> experiencing problems, please enter a bug report into Bugzilla.

After a fair few months I finally had time to sit down and find out what
was going on. It was nothing to do with Freeamp. I was using the latest
and greatest esd 0.2.20, but everything that used esd caused it to Seg
Fault between samples. In the end I just upgraded alsa to the latest and
greatest and all is now happy.

Thanks

Simon.

Simon Brown, Simon at cliffestones.demon.co.uk