Hello,

I'm not sure if this problem is bug in Freeamp, Obsequiem or a limitation of
the RTP protocol.  Hopefully someone on this list can help.

I'm using Obsequeium (v0.3.0 - Debian x86) and Freeamp (2.0.7 - Win98).  My
Obs database consists of a mixture of MP3 and MP2 (iMpeg 1, Layer II) files.
The mp2 files (is that the correct name) are direct recordings from Digital
Satellite radio broadcasts (which broadcast using layer 2 audio - I don't
perform any re-encoding on the stream).

Individually, the mp2 and mp3 files stream and play fine using Obsequiem and
Freeamp.  However, when the two different formats are mixed in the playlist,
Freeamp doesn't seem to recognise the change in format.  Playing an mp2 file
after an mp3 file gives silence, and playing mp3 after mp2 gives garbled
sound.

In both cases, pressing stop and play in Freeamp fixes the problem and the
audio is perfect again.

Can anyone suggest where the problem lies?

Best wishes,

Dave.