Apologies for not responding to this sooner. My freeamp-dev mail was
going into the wrong folder and I never spotted it.

On 26 Feb, Dave Chapman wrote:
> On Monday 26 February 2001 02:46, Marty Schoch wrote:
>> A more complicated solution would be to modify Obseqium to set
>> the Market bit in the RTP header when it's about to change format.
>> Then just have the player reconfigure the decoder when it
>> detects the Market bit in the stream.

That's what I wanted to do in the first place, but then Ross Finlayson
advised me against it. I forget what his reasoning was. The obs side of
things is not hard -- its the FreeAmp side that is harder to solve.

> Whenever this bit is set, Freeamp should assume that the audio type (layer,
> bitrate, whatever) has changed, and reconfigure itself appropriately.  It
> could also reset it's own time display to zero (if people want that - I do).
>
> Do people agree?

Agreed. I'll see what I can do.

--ruaok         Freezerburn! All else is only icing. -- Soul Coughing

Robert Kaye   --    [EMAIL PROTECTED]   --   http://www.mayhem-chaos.net