This URL gives a very good approximation of the terrain to be covered:
http://www.lonelyplanet.com/destinations/loc-car.htm

Well I dont want a exact map, is just something to know how you wanted
it, it could be with terrain on the left or not, more terrain in south
or less one.. there are severel different approachs to that and I need
something for later make the detailed (and here I press the send button dont know why, thas why you get almost a dupe)

Here is an example from a know game ;)
http://www.atari.de/images/piratesmap.jpg

Of course all the details are missing, the map is too small and
non-free, I'll try to find something more detailed.

Great.. ergh.. shall we delay this a bit more, until we check the PLSM?