> This beta board runs coreboot, which is GPL'ed software. This means that it
> is possible to submit a contribution that lets you boot FreeBSD 9.2 and 10.
>
> Working with PC Engines to come up with a solution is the right way.
>
> FWIW, I can boot FreeBSD 9.2 just fine on amd64 hardware (ASUS F2A85-M)
> that also starts with coreboot.
FreeBSD has working on the issue from two directions.

1) John Baldwin <j...@freebsd.org> has made software changes to FreeBSD
head that work around the issue
(http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=revision&sortby=date&revision=261243).
This issue was to be MFCed a few weeks back.
I am sure that John will MFC it at some point.

2) I worked with Jung-uk Kim <j...@freebsd.org> to develop BIOS patches to
give to PC Engines to provide back to SAGE.  I received an updated BIOS
with this change the end of last week.

Larry