On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 12:47 PM, Daniele Mazzotti <kappe...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
>  I successfully managed to survive the business trip and this damn hot
> weekend here in the north Germany, so I am back on track!
>
> I have a few (not that nice to me) news to you all:
>

>    1. I have applied the patch, but the suspend mode (acpiconf -s 3) is not
>    working;
>    2. I am still having problems with the battery.
>
> Actually when I put the pc to suspend and then try to wake it up, the
> screen stays black. I never had many, but I am running out of ideas!

Let's review a few things here. When you resume, the screen is black.

But is the system running? Do you see any disk activity? Can you ssh into
the system remotely?

Are you running vt(4)? Or syscons?

Are you running X when you suspenf?

What video driver is running? I may have missed it, but I don't think you
said what graphics device you have or whether you are running NEW_XORG.

While this information won't help with the battery issue, it might deal
with resuming.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer, Retired
E-mail: rkober...@gmail.com