On Tue, 13 Jul 1999, Peter Jeremy wrote:

> Doug Rabson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >You might consider looking at the fp emulator which I wrote for the alpha.
> >It should be accurate (I tested against the fpu on an x86) and contains
> >test harness code which can be used to play with it on both x86 and alpha.
>
> Anyone interested in working on FP emulation (or checking the
> shortcuts DEC made when then designed the Alpha) might like to
> check out <http://www.netlib.org/fp/ucbtest.tar.gz>:

fetch: ucbtest.tar.gz: www.netlib.org: HTTP server returned error code 404
Where's it really at?

>      UCBTEST is a suite of programs for testing certain difficult cases of
> IEEE 754 floating-point arithmetic.  Some of the difficult test cases are
> obtained from number-theoretic algorithms developed by Turing Award winner
> Prof. W. Kahan, Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science,
> University of California, Berkeley, as part of ongoing research into test
> methods for computer arithmetic.
>
> Peter

 Brian Fundakowski Feldman      _ __ ___ ____  ___ ___ ___
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]                   _ __ ___ | _ ) __|   \
     FreeBSD: The Power to Serve!        _ __ | _ \._ \ |) |
       http://www.FreeBSD.org/              _ |___/___/___/