> >> And that is the problem, it seems that "dangerously dedicated" doesn't
> >> boot anymore...
> >
> >It never did, on many hardware variants.  Use "truly dedicated"
> >instead, which should still work fine.
>
> My semantics may be wrong on these two: what I'm talking about is
> what is in handbook chapter 8 "Using command line utilities " gives
> you a disk which doesn't boot.

Ok; of those two examples, the first should give you a truly dedicated
disk.  (You can only generate a "dangerously dedicated" disk with
sysinstall.)

What fails?  Can you be more specific?  How recent are your boot1/boot2
blocks?  I would be inclined to dd at least 8k over the front of the
disk myself, but I don't think that's relevant in your case.

--
\\  The mind's the standard       \\  Mike Smith
\\  of the man.                   \\  [EMAIL PROTECTED]