> The issue with boggle and tetris wasn't the name, it was "look and feel".

No, it was the name.  Believe me, I read the letters we got from their
lawyers. :)

Unless we produce a movie with the name "Matrix" somewhere in it, I
doubt we're going to be in the same boat.  Hasbro objected to our
having a game in /usr/games called boggle and the Tetris folks
objected to the use of the name.  Other folks chose to rename their
tetris clones to "tertis" and made the Tetris folks perfectly happy
in so doing, even though the look-and-feel of the game remained
completely unchanged.

You are trying to apply rules of logic to this.  This is a legal
issue. :)

- Jordan