In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Christopher Masto writes:
: Well, here's all I've got.  It's basically just a sloppy version of
: what you suggested.

I've cleaned this up, worked it around, and managed to insert and
eject my ep card 5 times in a row on my desktop kludge environment.
It even appeared to be working.  Don't know if this will work on a
real laptop, but it is better than nothing.  I specifically didn't set
the suspend/resume code, and it is a different code path.  I suspect
to still see some hangs, but in the 1-2% range not the 100+% range on
suspend due to the racing nature of things.

I found another problem with the ep/ed driver's detach routines.  They
called if_down rather than if_detach.  This left them in the list of
interfaces, but they were really really gone for good at this point,
so when the automatic ifconfig that I have on my machine ran, it
paniced the system.

I've not tried to fix the sc->gone functionality in the drivers that
need it.  Nor have I tested anything except the pccard ep driver.  I'm
too tired for that, and I hope I haven't made anything worse.

I've committed these changes to -current for your enjoyment.  Please
let me know if you have problems with them on real hardware.

Warner "Pining for the Fjords[*]" Losh

[*] This norse word is pronounced "Sony VAIO" around here :-(