On Thursday,  6 January 2000 at 20:05:21 -0800, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
> Also, I can now add that cdda2wav does work (hurrah), but it does yelp
> that it can't read the CD TOC.
>
> Of course, the mystery is that tosha no longer works yet was not
> changed, nor was the ripit script I call tosha from, so something on
> our side of the fence also moved with respect to this drive.
>
> Any other SCSI CD owners here currently using tosha?  I'd be
> quite interested to know if this is drive-specific.

Not quite the answer you're looking for, but maybe a data point: I get
very similar results on my laptop with the ata driver.   dd fails with
I/O error, and the driver reports:

Jan  9 13:08:13 mojave /kernel: acd0: READ_BIG - ILLEGAL REQUEST asc=64 ascq=00
error=04

After that, I was no longer able to access the CD, and I had to reboot
the machine.  I might have got away with removing the CD-ROM drive,
but I didn't think of that until I had rebooted.

Greg
--
Finger [EMAIL PROTECTED] for PGP public key