If memory serves me right, Yoshinobu Inoue wrote:

> > The two tweaks I remember off-hand was that the paths to commands are
> > (of course) different under a 4.0-CURRENT environment and that ndp in
> > -CURRENT works a little different than in the KAME snapshots I was
> > using earlier.
>
> What point is different for ndp?

At least in the snapshot I have, ndp in KAME takes -I to show/specify an
interface for the default route.  ndp in 4.0-CURRENT doesn't have
this option.  I don't know how crucial this is.

> > It seems to me that most of the functionality of rc.net6 could be folded
> > into /etc/network.  I've thought of writing up patches for this, but I'm
> > not sure when the IPv6 initialization should take place with respect to
> > the IPv4 interface configuration, starting up of daemons, setting of
> > various syctls, etc.  (Also, there's some new variables that should be
> > defined in /etc/defaults/rc.conf.)
>
> In KAME environment, IPv6 related configurations are done at
> last of rc.conf. So it is at almost end of configuration.
>
> I don't know if still such kind of change is permitted to
> commit or not, but if you try to make some initial patch for
> it, I think that is anyway good start and very helpful.

OK, I'll see what I can do.  This will be a good way to force me to
learn how rc.net6 works...

Even if this doesn't make it past the code freeze, we'll have it for
later.  (I think a good case could be made for this, considering that
right now starting up IPv6 isn't exactly intuitive.)

Bruce.

PGP signature