On Mon, 21 Feb 2000, Alex Le Heux wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Am I the only one who's experiencing an amzing amount of crashes on
>Netscape?
>
>It's been going on for quite some time now (months), upgrading Netscape or
>switching from the Linux to the FreeBSD to the BSDI version doesn't help.
>The most stable version seems to be the Linux version, but that even
>crashes 5-10 times per day. It will *always* crash when a page uses java,
>but I've not been able to find a non-java page that will always crash it.

Netscape would always crash on me when loading a java applet - I found
that if you define both the scaled and unscaled fonts in XF86Config as
below that all the java related crashes go away.

It still crashes occasionally on complex pages that load up a million
different frames, though.

Section "Files"
        RgbPath    "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb"
        FontPath   "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi"
        FontPath   "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi:unscaled"
        FontPath   "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc"
        FontPath   "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc:unscaled"
        ModulePath "/usr/X11R6/lib/modules"
EndSection

Hope this helps.

-Bryan