> You may want to try upgrading your linux libraries... they may be old... I
> don't have these problems though... Netscape rarely crashes for me.

Me and one of my friends got really sick of this problem one weekend a few
months ago (under Linux), and decided to figure out what was blowing up...

After trying LOTS (about 40) of different library versions in even more
(several hundred) combinations, we finally found a few combinations that
worked (basically) every time...  NS would still blow up when heavily
strained, but 99.9% of the time it worked fine...  This was on Slackware
and Redhat Linux, dunno which versions....  (It really doesn't make any
difference.)

The general rule that we found is to take the NS version you're running,
do an "ldd" on it to get the required libs, and go find what was at the
time of that NS version release the most recent version of each library.
Upgrading to a newer version almost always made NS die horribly, usually
in Java...  Sometimes you had to go back to the previous library version
on one or two of them.

After some more experimentation, I found very similar results under both
AIX and Digital UNIX.  Something tells me that they're doing something
funny with memory pointers.....

mike