Matthew D. Fuller wrote:

> After about 4 days without cvsup'ing (including lots of fun gcc/egcs)
> updates it took 6:16 to update my CVS repo including:

When CVSup is fetching entirely new files, it can't do anything much
smarter than compress them.  It can't avoid moving the bits from point
A to point B.  In the case of egcs, that's a lot of bits.

But six hours and sixteen minutes?  That's awfully slow.  You must
have had a really bad link that day.  I'd try a few different mirror
sites if I were you.

John
---
  John Polstra                                               j...@polstra.com
  "Self-interest is the aphrodisiac of belief."           -- James V. DeLong