On Fri, 23 Apr 1999, Luigi Rizzo wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i was wondering if the limitations that are supposed to be enforced via
> the login.conf mechanism do really work...
>
> In particular, i have tried (on 3.1 something, but don't think that
> current is much different in this respect) to enforce the daily etc.
> login times but the system seems to ignore them.
>
> I think /etc/login.conf is properly parsed, because if i assign a user
> to a class that is not defined in login.conf i get complaints, but
> other than that i am unable to limit login time...
>
> Any hints ?

That's also my impression. I glipmsed the whole source tree and I couldn't
find any place where the limits are enforced. BTW. what entity should
enforce login time limits? Kernel? Some user-space daemon?

Andrzej Bialecki

//  <ab...@webgiro.com> WebGiro AB, Sweden (http://www.webgiro.com)
// ------ FreeBSD: The Power to Serve. http://www.freebsd.org --------
// --- Small & Embedded FreeBSD: http://www.freebsd.org/~picobsd/ ----