Andrzej Bialecki writes:
 > On Fri, 23 Apr 1999, Luigi Rizzo wrote:
 >
 > > Hi,
 > >
 > > i was wondering if the limitations that are supposed to be enforced via
 > > the login.conf mechanism do really work...
 > >
 > > In particular, i have tried (on 3.1 something, but don't think that
 > > current is much different in this respect) to enforce the daily etc.
 > > login times but the system seems to ignore them.
 > >
 > > I think /etc/login.conf is properly parsed, because if i assign a user
 > > to a class that is not defined in login.conf i get complaints, but
 > > other than that i am unable to limit login time...
 > >
 > > Any hints ?
 >
 > That's also my impression. I glipmsed the whole source tree and I couldn't
 > find any place where the limits are enforced. BTW. what entity should
 > enforce login time limits? Kernel? Some user-space daemon?

To report a login.conf success, i've used on a 2.2.8 system the
"cputime" ressource limit. I set it to zero and that worked very
well. So may be only some limits are implemented ?

Stephane Legrand.

--
stephane.legr...@wanadoo.fr : http://perso.wanadoo.fr/stephane.legrand/
FreeBSD Francophone : http://www.freebsd-fr.org/