On Wed, 15 Mar 2000, Neil Blakey-Milner wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was looking into fixing the install-info problem, and wondered if the
> solution is really as easy as it seems:

        Hmmm.... I had been thinking all along that the problem with
install-info was that the system couldn't use the new binary. Are you
saying here that installworld is trying to use the old version of
install-info that is installed in the system? Please say it isn't so...

        If install-info is needed to do installworld, shouldn't it be
considered a build tool, with all of the build platform/install platform
gymnastics that implies?

        FWIW, I agree that fixing this will significantly lower the bar
for 3.x -> 4.0 upgrades.

Doug
--
  "While the future's there for anyone to change, still you know it seems,
   it would be easier sometimes to change the past"

       - Jackson Browne, "Fountain of Sorrow"