Ok.. I figured I'd take this on on my way to getting more comfy with
FreeBSD.  Check out my patch and let me know how far I've gone off the
deep end :)

http://quake.nyct.net/~efutch/FreeBSD/if_vx_pci.c.patch

Unfortunately I do not have the acutal card to test this patch.  It did
survive a buildkernel, so I'm just assuming that I'm not that far off.

--
Eric Futch              New York Connect.Net, Ltd.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]         Technical Support Staff