On Wed, Apr 05, 2000 at 08:43:30PM -0400, Eric D. Futch wrote:
> Ok.. I figured I'd take this on on my way to getting more comfy with
> FreeBSD.  Check out my patch and let me know how far I've gone off the
> deep end :)
>
> http://quake.nyct.net/~efutch/FreeBSD/if_vx_pci.c.patch
>
> Unfortunately I do not have the acutal card to test this patch.  It did
> survive a buildkernel, so I'm just assuming that I'm not that far off.

Take a look at:

http://www.one-eyed-alien.net/~brooks/FreeBSD/if_vx.diff

It does a newbus coversion and makes the pci probe function look half
way normal.  It compiles without COMPAT_OLDPCI and the kernel boots so
the probe function is probably ok.  I'm less sure about the attach
function.  This one is modeled after the eisa attach function.  Testing
would be appreciated, but don't try this on a production system. ;-)
This driver needs a lot more work.  It has a very dated view of the
world and should be updated.  Maybe I'll pick up one of these cards on
Ebay and take a shot at it.

-- Brooks