I presume this means that it should remain part of the standard system
but that the source should be moved to /sys/i386/linux?

as long as it remains part of the system I don't care where it lives..
It's too massively important to totally drop. Having it as a port was
a losing proposition.

Julian

Soren Schmidt wrote:

> Some time ago -core requested that linprocfs should move into the linuxulator.
>
> Nothing has happend on that account, so -core is now forced to take action.
>
> This is the announcement that linprocfs will be removed from the -current
> tree in 72 hours, giving the involved parties a final deadline for getting
> this done the way it was decided by -core.
>
> The linprocfs bits has already been removed from the RELENG_4 branch since
> it should never have entered there.
>
> The FreeBSD Core Team

      __--_|\  Julian Elischer
     /       \ [EMAIL PROTECTED]